Workshop by Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
December 18th – 23rd, 2017 – FULL UP (WAIT LIST ON)
April 1st – 5th, 2018
This intensive Workshop on Patanjali Yoga Sutras, the first of its kind, will enrich the understanding and practice of Yoga for all students and teachers alike.
It is relevant for all those enthusiasts who are interested in understanding the human mind, its functioning, control and transcendence. Clear understanding of the yoga sutras adds quality and sheer joy to life.
All the four chapters will be covered.
Dr. N. Ganesh Rao, with a Doctorate in Philosophy, is a Professor and Ph. D. Guide in Yoga and Philosophy. His never-ending fascination for Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (PYS) makes him a constant learner and admirer of PYS. Dr. Rao has presented several Papers and written innumerable articles on various facets of PYS. He has shared his in-depth understanding in more than 1000 teaching hours of PYS till date.
It is common knowledge that there is an air of mysticism and mysteriousness bordering on to incomprehensibility attached to the understanding of Patanjali Yoga Sutras (PYS). This situation arises because the Sutras are in Sanskrit and not all understand Sanskrit. It is further complicated due to the prevalence of so many interpretations, which differ from each other substantially, that one is not sure which interpretation to take up for reading. Thus, despite sincere interest and enthusiasm one is at a loss as regards understanding the yoga sutras of Patanjali
Patanjali Yoga Sutras embody vast, incomparable treasure of practical knowledge, which is not only thrilling to understand but also life-transforming if implemented in day to day life. Patanjali is a brilliant, par excellence, psychologist. Today, when Psycho-somatic ailments account for more than 90% of physical ailments, the relevance of the Yoga Sutras cannot be overemphasized and can be undoubtedly considered as a panacea for the ills afflicting modern human life.
Sharing the insightful understanding of the yoga sutras with others is most fulfilling for Dr. Rao.
- Preparation for Understanding Patanjali Yoga Sutras:
- Shad Darsanas (Orthodox Indian Philosophy) in brief
- Samkhya Darsana, the Metaphysical Foundation of Yoga.
- Place of PYS in the Traditions of Yoga.
- The Uniqueness of “Sutra” as a Genre of Literature.
- Patanjali and Patanjal Yoga Sutras (an Over-view)
- The Ashtanga Yoga of Patanjali vis-a-vis Hatha Yoga
- The Ashtangas Explored and Exploded (in depth)
- Definition of Yoga
- The Theories of Vrittis, Klesas & Antarayas.
- The Concept of Isvara, Isvara Pranidhan and Pranava (AUM).
- Spirituality v/s Religion; ‘Yoga is the Grammar of all Spiritualities’.
- Law of Karma & Yogic Handling of the Mischief-Maker Samskara.
- Kriya Yoga of Patanjali
- Mind Control Techniques in PYS
- Therapy in PYS
- Siddhis and Vibhutis
- Meditation in PYS (incl. Samadhi and Samapatti)
- Philosophical Insights in 4th Pada (Kaivalya Pada)
- The Logic and Architecture of PYS.
- And More!!!
6.30 – 7.30 am – Practice of Classical Yoga (Asanas, Pranayama, Mantra & Meditation)
9 – 11.30 am – Lecture
2 – 2.30 pm – Yoga Nidra / Relaxation
2.30 – 4.30 pm – Lecture
6 – 7 pm – Open Session (PYS Chanting, Q & A / Discussion, etc).
Write to Us: PYS Workshop
Additional Practice Sessions
Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
In addition to the topics alongside, the workshop will provide an opportunity for participants to practice every day Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation in the Classical / traditional manner.
There will be daily group chanting of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
Further, open Discussion / Question – Answer session will be held daily to clarify doubts, strengthen understanding and ascertain applicability of PYS in daily life.
All these will be spaced out with proper rest and relaxation and the blissful experience of Yoga Nidra.
DATE: December 18th – 23rd, 2017
CHECK-IN: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17, 1 to 4 PM
CHECK-OUT: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 24, 10 AM
April 1st – 5th, 2018
CHECK-IN: SUNDAY, APRIL 1, 9 to 10 AM
CHECK-OUT: FRIDAY, APRIL 6, MORNING ONWARDS
Rs. 10,000 + Accommodation and meals as per chosen accommodation type:
- Standard Room with community bath (Rs. 7,200 per week)
- Standard Room with attached bath (Near campus – Rs. 10,500 per week)
- Twin-sharing Standard Room with attached bath (Near campus – Rs. 10,500 per week)
- Executive Room (Rs. 11,600 per week)
- Deluxe Room (Rs. 17,600 per week)
- Standard Room with community bath (Rs. 12,000 per week)
- Standard Room with attached bath (Near campus – Rs. 15,400 per week)
- Executive Room (Rs. 16,500 per week)
- Deluxe Room (Rs. 23,100 per week)
Accommodation – Family
- Cottage for 3 – Rs. 40,200 per week | Cottage for 4 – Rs. 45,700 per week
The prices include meals also.
Registration fee Rs. 10,000 payable online at the time of registration.
Accommodation will be reserved on registration. The charges for accommodation and meals are to be paid on arrival.
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW.
WAIT LIST FOR DECEMBER – Our team will contact you shortly.
FOR APRIL BATCH – On submitting the form, you will be redirected to the payment page to pay the course fee for confirmation.
PLEASE NOTE: Form submissions without payment of course fee will not be accepted.
Cancellation application prior to 7 days – refund after deducting 12.5 % of accommodation + 15% admin charges on course fee
Cancellation application less than 7 days will not be entertained.
No Verbal cancellation to be entertained