Indian Philosophy and PsychologyAn Insight with special reference to Samkhya and Yoga
by Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
June 25 – July 2, 2017
Dr. N. Ganesh Rao has to his credit a Doctorate in Philosophy with perpetual inquisitiveness in this subject of philosophy so aptly called as the “Queen of Sciences”. He is a Professor and Ph. D. Guide in Yoga and Philosophy. Having conducted till date more than 17000 sessions in Yoga covering all its aspects, theoretical and practical, there may not be a better example of philosophy serving practice in day to day life.
Dr. Rao is Technical Expert (Yoga) for QCI, an Advisor to and Member of Board of Studies of Kaivalyadhama, a Member of Board of Studies of Sri Sri University, Bubhaneshwar, a Visiting Faculty in Bahratiya Samskriti Peetham and Buddhist Centre, Somaiya Institute, Mumbai University, Kaivalyadhama (Mumbai and Lonavla), Art of Living, Yoga alliance (USA).
About the Workshop
The Workshop is entitled “Indian Philosophy and Psychology” because in the first place Philosophy and Psychology always go together.
Further, Yoga and Samkhya together are referred to as Indian Psychology. The psychological insights revealed by Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and Samkhya Philosophy are thrilling and par excellence.
This intensive Workshop, the first of its kind, is intended to establish and consolidate the foundation of all Yoga enthusiasts (students and teachers) as regards Indian Philosophy and also to fulfill the aspirations of all others who are sincerely interested in genuinely knowing Indian Philosophy and Psychology. Indian Philosophy may be considered as the apex / ultimate in human thinking – such is its logical thoroughness and topical comprehensiveness.
The workshop will provide a topographical survey of Indian Philosophy with its subtleties, nuances and distinctions as compared to any other philosophical systems of the world with detailed analysis of Samkhya and Yoga Darsanas.
In the Course of the workshop the following topics will be covered:
1. Mantra and its significance.
2. AUM, its Significance and Chanting.
3. Indian Culture & its Salient Features.
4. Vedas, Vedangas and Upavedas.
5. Main Doctrines of Upanishads
6. Astika / Nastika Darsanas in brief.
7. The Concept and Uniqueness of “Sutra”
8. Common Characteristics of IP (Darsanas)
9. Gayatri Mantra & its Significance
10. The Concept, Understanding and Practice of Meditation
11. Samkhya Darsana (Samkhya Karika)
12. Yoga Darsana (Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras).
In addition to the above topics, the workshop will provide an opportunity for participants to practice every day Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation in the Classical / traditional manner.
Further, open Discussion / Question – Answer session will be held daily to stimulate the grey cells, clarify doubts and strengthen understanding.
All these will be spaced out with proper rest and relaxation and the blissful experience of Yoga Nidra.
6.30 am – 7.30 am
Classical Yoga (Asanas, Pranayama, Mantra Chanting & Meditation)
8:30 am – 9 am
9 am – 11.30 am
2 pm – 2.30 pm
Yoga Nidra / Relaxation
2.30 pm – 4.30 pm
6 pm – 7 pm
Open Session (Q & A / Discussion, Relaxation, etc)
Workshop – Rs. 10,000/- (Payable online at the time of registration)
- Standard Room with community bath (Rs. 7,200 per week)
- Standard Room with attached bath (Rs. 10,500 per week)
- Executive Room (Rs. 11,600 per week)
- Deluxe Room (Rs. 17,600 per week)
- Standard Room with community bath (Rs. 12,000 per week)
- Standard Room with attached bath (Rs. 15,400 per week)
- Executive Room (Rs. 16,500 per week)
- Deluxe Room (Rs. 23,100 per week)
The prices include meals also.
Accommodation will be reserved on registration. The charges are to be paid on arrival.
Date – June 25th – July 2nd, 2017
Check in – June 25th, 1 pm onwards
Check out – July 2nd, morning
- Please fill out the form below.
- You wil be redirected to the payment page for paying course fee on submitting the form.
PLEASE NOTE: Registrations will not be accepted without paying the course fee.